From Instability to Threatened Security
As a prepper, one of the scenarios that you may be preparing for is civil unrest. Given everything that is going on in the world, from protests and demonstrations to riots and looting, it’s not just sensible to prepare, it’s critical. Government trust is at an all time low and conflicts between nations continue to escalate. If you’re not preparing for civil unrest, you better start now.
Develop a Plan
The first step in preparing for civil unrest is to develop a plan. Your plan should include what you will do, where you will go, and what supplies you will need. It’s essential to involve all members of your household in the planning process to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
Your plan should also include communication protocols. In the event of civil unrest, communication systems may be disrupted or overloaded. You should establish alternative communication methods, such as using two-way radios or texting apps, to stay in contact with other members of your household and emergency services.
One of the most critical aspects of preparing for civil unrest is stockpiling supplies. You should have enough supplies to last for at least several weeks in the event of an extended period of civil unrest. Some essential supplies to stockpile include:
- Food and water: You should have a supply of non-perishable food and clean drinking water. Aim to have enough food and water to last for at least two weeks.
- Medical supplies: You should have a well-stocked first aid kit that includes bandages, antiseptics, pain relievers, and any prescription medications you may need.
- Shelter: You should have a plan for shelter in the event that you need to leave your home. This may include a tent, sleeping bags, or other camping gear.
- Self-defense: In the event of civil unrest, you may need to defend yourself and your property. You should have a plan for self-defense, including weapons and training.
- Hygiene and sanitation: You should have a supply of hygiene and sanitation products, such as soap, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer.
- Cash: In the event of a power outage or disruption of electronic payment systems, it’s essential to have cash on hand. Aim to have enough cash to cover several weeks of expenses.
Secure Your Home
Another critical aspect of preparing for civil unrest is securing your home. You should make sure that your home is as secure as possible to prevent unauthorized access. Some steps you can take to secure your home include:
- Reinforce doors and windows: You should reinforce all doors and windows with sturdy locks and metal bars to prevent unauthorized entry.
- Install a security system: A security system can provide an additional layer of protection for your home. Consider installing motion sensors, cameras, and alarms.
- Stockpile supplies: As mentioned earlier, you should stockpile supplies to last for at least several weeks in the event of an extended period of civil unrest. You should store these supplies in a secure location within your home.
- Have a safe room: A safe room can provide a secure location within your home in the event of an intruder. Your safe room should be located in an area of your home that is not easily accessible and should be reinforced with sturdy locks and walls.
Finally, it’s essential to stay informed about the situation in your area. In the event of civil unrest, things can change rapidly, and it’s important to stay up to date on developments. You should have a way to receive news and updates, such as a battery-powered radio or a smartphone with a backup battery.
It’s also important to stay aware of potential dangers in your area. Monitor social media and news reports for signs of unrest, such as protests or gatherings of large crowds. If you feel that the situation in your area is becoming dangerous, it may be necessary to evacuate.
How You Should be Preparing for Civil Unrest
In conclusion, preparing for civil unrest is a crucial part of prepping as a survivalist. By developing a plan, stockpiling supplies, securing your home, and staying informed, you can increase your chances of surviving society’s devolution.
It’s important to remember that civil unrest can take many forms, and it’s impossible to predict exactly what will happen. However, by taking these steps, you can be better prepared for whatever may come your way. As a prepper, it’s essential to stay vigilant and be ready to adapt to changing circumstances.
Ultimately, the key to surviving civil unrest is to have a plan and be prepared. Don’t wait until it’s too late to start preparing. Take action now to ensure that you and your family are ready for whatever the future may hold.
Have other suggestions on how we should be preparing for civil unrest? Contact us or leave a comment below.